A recent journal cover from our group .
Another recent journal cover from our group.
- November 2013 Dr. Salsbury will present research by himself, Ryan Godwin and Ryan Melvin at a conference on high-throughout molecular dynamics in BBarcelona.
- November 2013 An article by Drs. Negureanu and Salsbury has been published in the Journal of Molecular Modeling.
- November 2013: An article co-authored with the Geminer and Hortia groups has been published in JBSD.
- October 2013: Congrats to Martin Karplus, an academic grandfather of mine, for sharing the 2013 Nobel prize!
- September 2013: A paper by Drs. Negureanu and Salsbury has been accepted by the Journal of Molecular Modeling.
- August 2013: Welcome to Ryan Melvin, who is starting a project on the dynamics of therapeutic polymers in our group.
- August 2013: Welcome to the 2013-14 academic year! Updates do usually get slower.
- August 2013: A recent poster of ours has been uploaded to figshare.
- July 2013: Our GPU workstations from Acellera arrived! Trying to see what we can do with them.
- July 2013: Recent research from the group was presented at the 2013 meeting of the Protein Society in Boston.
- July 2013: Our first patent has been issued for a potential chemotherapuetic.
- July 2013: The Salsbury, Kulik and Welker groups were awarded a Collabrative Science Grant from WFU; thank you to the provost's office.
- July 2013: The rest of our annual funding under NIH R01CA129373 was awarded; delayed due to delay in Congress passing an NIH budget.
- June 2013: Our collboration with the Welker and Kulik groups made it to the end-of-year Science Highlights at WFU.
- June 2013: Drs. Negureanu and Salsbury's latest manuscript is available online.
- June 2013: Dr. Salsbury presented research from the group at the 18th Albany Conversation.
- June, 2013: Funding to support the Computational Biosciences Core under NIH grant 5P30CA012197-38 was received.
- May, 2013: William Thompson, an undergradute physics and computer science major, has started working in our group.
- May, 2013: Another academic year has ended well!
- April, 2013: Dr. Negureanu's and Dr. Salsbury's latest paper was accepted into the Journal of Biomolecular Structure & Dynamics.
- April, 2013: Dr. Salsbury will be showing off uses of pollanywhere at the WFU Teaching Tech Expo this afternoon.
- March, 2013: Our NIH NCI R01 has been officially renewed for another year.
- March, 2013: Dr. Salsbury presented work by himself and Dr. Negureanu at the March meeting of the American Physical Society in Baltimore.
- March, 2013: A paper by Drs. Salsbury, Lu and Negureanu and members of the Scarpinato and King research groups was accepted by the new open-access journal Molecular Cancer Biology.
- March, 2013: Dr. Salsbury joined the experimental open-access PeerJ journal as an academic editor .
- February, 2013: First year graduate student Jiajie Xiao has started a semester project in our research group.
- February, 2013: Drs. Negureanu and Salsbury's recent research on DNA repair proteins and DNA damage was presented at the Biophysical Society's annual meeting.
- January, 2013: Dr. Salsbury was on a DOD NDSEG review panel.
- January, 2013: Dr. Salsbury was on a NSF GRFP review panel.
- December, 2012: Our collaboration with the Welker and Kulik laboratories made it to WFU's 2012 Highlights in Science and Research.
- December, 2012: Our collaborative grant from the DOD with the Scarpinato lab from Georgia Southern funded on A Targeted Approach to overcoming treatment resistance in advance prostate cancer was offically funded for another year.
- December, 2012: Our collaborative grant from the DOD with the Gmeiner group on Metal Occupancy of Zinc Fingers was offically funded.
- November, 2012: Our collaborative article in J. Med Chem made it to a lead article on WFU's homepage.
- November, 2012 Our accepted JBSD paper with the Hortia and Gmeiner groups was the basis of another Proteopedia article.
- November, 2012: A collaborative article with the Kulik and Welker groups was selected as a cover article for the Journal of Medicial Chemistryi for the November 26th issue.
- November, 2012: Dr. Salsbury attended the National Centers for Biomedical Computing (NCBC) Showcase in Bethesda.
- November, 2012: Dr. Yan Lu presented her PhD work at the WFU Physics Colloquium.
- November, 2012: Work done by Drs. Salsbury and Yuan was presented by Dr. Kimberly Nelson at the Free Radical Society Meeting as part of a large collaboration focusing on Peroxiredoxions and peroxide reactivity. Most of the work presented was done by the Poole and P. A. Karplus laboratories.
- November, 2012: Dr. Lacra Negureanu presented her latest work on a poster at the Carolina Biophysics Symposium.
- October, 2012: Funding for a project on modeling of zinc fingers from the DOD's CDMRP has been received!
- October, 2012: Dr. Salsbury was recognized on WFU's annual Faculty Research Accomplishments program as one of three faculty with active grants awarded greater than $1,000,000.
- October, 2012: Ryan Godwin, a first-year physics graduate student, has started zinc finger simulations as a member of our research group.
- September, 2012: The slides from the brief overview of our research as presented to the Physics department have been posted as a pdf here .
- September, 2012: Our collaborative paper on the development of a prostate cancer-targeted produg, with the Welker and Kulik groups, involving computational modeling on our part has appeared in print the Journal of Medicinal Chemistry in the September 27th issue. .
- September, 2012: Dr. Salsbury's funding as co-director of the Cystallography and Computational Biosciences core facility for WFU's Comprehensive Cancer Center has been renewed.
- September, 2012: A collaborative paper with the Gmeiner and Horita groups on zinc and netropsin binding to DNA has been accepted into JBSD. We performed the electronic structure calculations required.
- September, 2012: WFU Physics's News page features Dr. Negureanu's and Dr. Salsbury's article in Protopedia.
- August, 2012: A collaborative paper, with the Poole and Fetrow groups, on the electrostatics of cysteine residues in proteins is published online in Proteins.
- August, 2012: A collaborative paper on the development of a prostate cancer-targeted produg, with the Welker and Kulik groups, involving computational modeling on our part is among the Just Accepted articles in the Journal of Medicinal Chemistry .August, 2012: Dr. Salsbury becomes a member of PLoSOne's editorial Board .
- August, 2012: A recent paper, on the dynamics of damage recognition by MMR proteins, by Dr. Negureanu is selected to be in Proteopedia as the basis of a Proteopedia Interactive Article .
- August, 2012: Dr. Yan Lu joins as a post-doc!
- August, 2012: Dr. Salsbury gives an invited talk on electrostatics and dynamics in PRX proteins at the 2012 Gordon Research Conference on Thiol-based Redox Regulation & Signaling
- August, 2012: Dr. Negureanu's and Dr. Salsbury's poster on the dynamics of MutSalpha and DNA damage is presented at the Protein Society's Annual Meeting in San Diego.
- August, 2012: The new Salsbury group webpage (v4.0) is launched!.